Here is a book:
Written over a 1,500 year span.
Written over 40 generations.
Written by over 40 authors from every walk of life including kings, peasants, philosophers, fishermen, poets, statesmen, scholars, etc.:
Written in different places:
- Moses, a political leader, trained in the universities of Egypt
- David, a poet
- Peter, a fisherman
- Amos, a herdsman and peasant
- Joshua, a military general
- Nehemiah, a cupbearer
- Daniel, a prime minister
- Luke, a doctor
- Solomon, a king and philosopher
- Matthew, a tax collector
- Paul, a rabbi and scholar
Written at different times: David in times of war Solomon in times of peace
- Moses in the wilderness
- Jeremiah in a dungeon
- Daniel on a hillside and in a palace
- Paul inside prison walls
- Luke while traveling
- John on the isle of Patmos
- Others in the rigors of a military campaign
Written on three continents:
- Written during different moods:
- Some writing from the heights of joy and others writing from the depths of sorrow and despair
Written in TWO languages:
Quoted from Evidence that demand a verdict - Josh McDowell
- Hebrew: Was the language of the Old Testament In II Kings 18:26-28 called "the language of Judah." In Isaiah 19:18 called "the language of Canaan."
- Aramaic: Was the "common language" of the Israel spoken by the Jews. New Testament was written in Aramaic, the language at the time of Christ. Its subject matter includes hundreds of controversial subjects. A controversial subject is one which would create opposing opinions when mentioned or discussed.